Aptech Africa recently commissioned a solar backup system for the MSF-Spain staff residence in Juba, South Sudan.
The system is a backup system with a Victron Quattro 48VDC/10kVA run with a 40kWh Lithium-Ion battery bank. The system uses a battery monitoring system, BYD LV BMU, battery Isolator BEP 720 (600A) 48V On/ Off 2x95mm2, Lynx Distributor (M8) LYN060102000, and Lynx Power In (MB) LYN020102000 to help and control and monitor the system.
It includes a remote monitoring system using Victron Color Control GX as the communication-center of the installation.
The system will supply over 50 people with reliable uninterrupted electricity.
Positive social-economic and environmental benefits of the system.
- Reduction in fuel expenses used for running the generators due to the heavy loads.
- A more reliable source of electricity
- Reduction in noise pollution due to generator back up thus more peaceful nights leading to improved health
- Air pollution reduction from the use of a diesel generator
- Cost savings on diesel fuel